Being a locally-owned small business, supporting other local businesses is important to us. As a Dane Buy Local member, we proudly participate in Madison’s vibrant and thriving local business scene and support as many others as possible through our work.
We are dedicated to sourcing renewable wood and using materials efficiently to save you money and create less waste. We firmly believe it matters where our wood comes from, which is why we are a member of Wisconsin Urban Wood—a group of professionals and businesses that recycle urban trees back into the social and economic lives of the community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What is your process for designing and building my project?
- Consultation: We will meet at the project site to view the space, discuss ideas, determine what is possible and what you want and like .
- Design: We will create an interactive 3D drawing of your project for you to review, edit and revise with us until you are satisfied with the design.
- Build: We aim to have your project completed 4 weeks from the start of the consult. When we build kitchens, we make the cabinets in our shop and have everything ready for you before we begin demolition so your daily life is minimally interrupted. Our cabinets have solid tops so you have a surface to use immediately while waiting for your countertop install. Typically, if we pull out your old cabinets on a Monday, you have new cabinets installed and a temporary sink by Wednesday and by Friday you have a fully functioning kitchen again.
2) Will I have to eat out at restaurants for weeks or move out of my home while you’re working?
No. Efficiency is our model. We make sure everything is in place and cabinets are built before we begin your build. This ensures there will never be a delay waiting for materials to arrive. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to use your coffeemaker on our solid cabinet tops immediately after they are installed while we finish your project.
3) Will I be able to wash my coffee pot?
Yes. We will provide a temporary sink.
Kitchen in waiting for counter top! Temporary sink and dishwasher are plumbed for the wait.
4) How does your contract/billing process work?
It is our mission to be completely honest and transparent with our billing. We will always provide you with a simple and transparent proposal after you are happy with our design layout. There are no back-end expenses or surprise costs that we add beyond the original plan of the project. Typically we ask 75% down for kitchen builds and collect the final 25% when the work is complete.
5) What is your dog’s name?
Sadie. She’s a good dog.
6) How can I reduce the cost of my project?
Sweat equity! We are happy to have you work alongside us to reduce labor cost. The labor you put in will be cost that comes out for you. We also pass on our vendor pricing to you so you are receiving materials at lower cost. We are diligent in using materials efficiently and reducing waste, which will also reduce your costs.
7) How can I get urban woods used for my project?
Just ask for it! We are very proud to use urban wood in our builds and will thoroughly enjoy sourcing it for your project.
8) What if I have more questions for you?
Call me (Paul) at 608-843-3550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to answer any other questions you have.
Watch these videos to learn more:
“What are the best countertop materials?”
Blue Terra Design Tour
Paul was fantastic, listened to us and quite attentive to detail. Jesse installed the cabinets that he himself built, and he too is a perfectionist. We started with only a vague idea of what we wanted and Paul helped us to figure out what we wanted, let us participate as we wanted here and there and helped us to create our dream kitchen. From plumbing to electrical, the layout and design of the cabinets, the backsplash, flooring and appliances – there is nothing we would change.
They finished some very challenging woodwork. If you want carpenters with cabinet-making skills, Blue Terra is for you. I am a meticulous woodworker (sidelined by arthritis) and have very high standards. If you do too, you’ll hire Paul Miner at Blue Terra Design.
This is our second time hiring Blue Terra for our home. Paul is very fair with his pricing and Jesse did an excellent job trimming out the interior of our home. We won’t hesitate to use Blue Terra again. They are great!